Renesas Electronics Corp. and MinebeaMitsumi announce the joint development of resolver-based (angle sensor) stepping motor and motor control solutions optimized for use in robots, office automation equipment, and medical/nursing care equipment.
These applications require motors with higher precision motor control, miniaturized form factors, and improved resistance to environmental influences. Working in collaboration, Renesas and MinebeaMitsumi have developed resolver sensor-based stepping motors and motor control solutions that address these application requirements.
Stepping motors with a resolver allow high-precision motor control even in harsh environments with heat, dust, or vibration. They also deliver superlative characteristics such as the ability to carry heavy loads without step-out. Renesas and MinebeaMitsumi have developed a new type of resolver stepping motor and resolver motor control solutions that provide superlative cost performance, which makes it possible to expand the range of applications for stepping motors.
Key features of MinebeaMitsumi’s stepping motor with a resolver:
- High torque characteristics: 2 to 3 times as much torque compared to existing products due to no step-out control
- Control characteristics: able to drive at broadband and ultra-low speeds
- Low power consumption: current optimization by servo control that responds to the actual load
- High precision: high position precision achieved by high resolution of 200,000 P/R
- Environmental resistance: highly resistant to heat, dust, and vibration due to its simple structure
- Miniaturization: the high torque of these motors makes miniaturizing application products possible
Key features of Renesas’ RDC and RDC control driver software
- Detection methods: VR-type voltage detection, VR-type current detection
- RX MCU support: Renesas supplies RDC driver software for the RX24T (support for other MCUs planned)
- Resistance to electromagnetic noise: position detection is possible with a signal-to-noise ratio of 1/2 (noise twice the signal) due to the inclusion of filters
Renesas’ resolver-based stepping motor control kit
- Included items: MinebeaMitsumi 42-mm square resolver stepping motor, control board, CPU board (includes the RDC and RX24T)
- Development support tools: Renesas Motor Workbench (includes real-time waveform display functions)
- Included software: RDC control driver software, stepping motor control software
For more, visit https://www.renesas.com.