Master Bond (Hackensack, NJ) EP40ND is a two component epoxy system, designed for bonding, sealing and coating applications. It is a non-drip, toughened system with an easy to use 1:1 mix ratio by weight or volume. EP40ND meets NASA low outgassing specifications and has a high elongation of 80-90% at 75°F. It adheres well to many plastics, such as polycarbonates and acrylics, making it appropriate for applications that use substrates prone to stress cracking. Additionally:
- This flexible system provides a low tensile modulus of 1,000-1,500 psi, and a relatively high lap shear strength of 1,600-1,800 psi.
- EP40ND has a Shore D Hardness measuring between 50-60 at 75°F.
- Serviceable from -100°F to +250°F, this electrically insulative compound can withstand rigorous thermal cycling, vibration, impact and shock.
- EP40ND cures within 2-3 days at room temperature, or faster with the addition of heat.
- It is available in standard packaging, as well as premixed and frozen syringes. It is also available in double barrel cartridges for use with a gun dispenser.