Paul N. Gardner USA (GARDCO; Columbia, MD) introduces a new offering: The New Positest PT Pencil Hardness Test Kit for Field use.
The New Positest PT Pencil Hardness Test Kit quickly and easily determines the scratch resistance and relative hardness of paint, films, resins and lacquers in accordance with ISO 15184 and ASTM D3363. This convenient field kit includes everything needed for testing, with two available options, the Positest PT Basic kit and the Positest PT Complete Kit.
Basic Kit features:
- 14 high quality graphite pencils ranging from 6B to 6H hardness – in a protective aluminum case—6B, 5B, 4B, 3B, 2B, B, HB, F, H, 2H, 3H, 4H, 5H, 6H
- Custom Aluminum Pencil Sharpener with hardened steel blades specifically designed for the Pencil Hardness test. Includes 5 and 6 mm indicators for reference of graphite length for easy conformance to national and international standards.
- Pack of 400 Grit Sandpaper for flattening pencil lead prior to testing
Complete Kit features everything included with the Basic Kit plus:
- Pencil Cart with Leveling Rod
- Convenient thumbscrew allows for quick pencil changes
- Hard shell carrying case