Pepperl+Fuchs introduces a Bebco EPS purge and pressurization system designed specifically for use with large motors or large enclosures in Zone 1 hazardous areas.
The 6100 series purge and pressurization system can purge an enclosure over 450 cubic feet, making it the largest purging system available from Pepperl+Fuchs. The 6100 series system is perfect for applications in the chemical/petrochemical and oil and gas industries.
The 6100 series is a fully automatic system that does not require an operator to initiate purging or pressurization. It offers optional temperature sensors that can be mounted around the motor for alarm notification or cooling. Additionally, there is automatic pressure compensation for excess leakage from the motor.
The 6100 system consists of a control unit, vent, low pressure sensor, and optional temperature sensors. The control unit allows users to configure the system for size of motor, temperature switch points, pressure switch points for leakage compensation and shutoff pressure, extra output for control or alarm, two selectable intrinsically safe inputs for various actions, and up to three temperature sensor inputs that can monitor various points within the motor housing.
The intrinsically safe user-interface can also be mounted in a separate enclosure near an operator for quick access and easy system monitoring.
6100 series motor purge and pressurization system features:
- Certified for ATEX and IECEx Zone 1
- Fully automatic
- Maximum flow rate of 14,000 l/min
- Intrinsically safe user-interface for system programming and monitoring
- Control unit monitors system operation and controls enclosure power
- Auxiliary contact outputs for alarm or control
- Multiple temperature inputs for monitoring and control
- Automatic pressure compensation for excess leakage from motor
For more information, visit www.pepperl-fuchs.com.