Nord Gear Corporation announces the availability of TorqueProtect, a gearbox torque monitoring system designed for wastewater treatment facilities, power generation plants and other industries that require extreme low-speed, high-torque drives.
The TorqueProtect system provides real-time load monitoring and continuous feedback to give operators complete visibility and control over the entire torque performance process. Unlike traditional spring load monitoring systems that can only provide readings at specified maximum load ratings, TorqueProtect delivers continuous feedback, which allows users to know when loads are trending higher or lower than expected and take corrective action as needed.
Torque monitoring is especially critical for wastewater clarifier applications where even small strains in the load cell can create big problems. A clarifier is designed for continuous operation and if the system becomes overloaded for any reason, a million-dollar clarifier may be shut down for several days or weeks. There’s also the risk of incurring significant costs associated with repairing or replacing expensive industrial gearboxes that may become damaged without accurate torque monitoring.
Available in two configurations, the Nord TorqueProtect monitoring system includes:
- Nord gearbox
- NEMA 4X stainless steel control panel using Avery Weigh-Tronix scale head with proprietary firmware
- IP67 sealed stainless steel load cell
- Digital display
- Three user-adjusted relay set points and corresponding indicator lights
- Compatibility with user-supplied devices, such as stack lights, buzzers and warning beacons
- 4-20mA analog output module that allows remote monitoring
For more, visit https://www.nord.com.