3M and Innovative Automation have collaborated on an automated solution for tape applications for industrial manufacturers searching for precision, repeatability and high output.
This collaboration between 3M and Innovative Automation provides a way to apply 3M Tapes precisely for high-volume applications at production speeds that may not be achievable with manual tape application. The system has been optimized to meet the demands of manufacturing, while providing additional features to streamline operation and maintenance.
The RoboTape System for 3M Tape includes the following features:
- Pre-configured and optimized for a variety of 3M VHB Tapes.
- Includes the payout -- or unwind stand -- capable of zero-downtime spool changes, a patent-pending feed system and a lightweight applicator head.
- Flexible design that can be integrated onto small or large industrial robots or cobots from a variety of robot OEMs to match customer preferences.
- Adjustable for foam, felt and attachment tapes.
- Utilizes level wound rolls of 3M VHB Tape to achieve extended run times and minimize material handling.
The launch of the co-branded system with Innovative Automation provides a new solution to customers who are moving toward automation and looking to increase productivity in their operations.
"This system gives us a chance to combine our unique technology and automation experience with 3M's bonding expertise in a way that supports customers looking to improve their production capabilities. We are excited for how this collaboration with 3M will move the industry forward." said Steve Loftus, Founder of Innovative Automation.