Bollinger Motors, which recently became a majority owned company of Mullen Automotive, has teamed up with Wabash, a truck body and trailer manufacturer, to develop a refrigerated truck body on electric chassis.
Wabash has developed a lightweight composite technology, EcoNex Technology, for use in truck bodies and trailers that will seamlessly integrate with Bollinger's Class 4 electric chassis cab. Wabash's EcoNex Technology is made from composite material that is more durable, lighter, and more thermally efficient than other commercial products.
The companies' offering includes:
- Weight savings due to Wabash's lightweight EcoNex composite technology
- Electrification of customer fleets utilizing Bollinger's all-electric chassis cab
- Increased total payload capacity due to lower overall truck weight
- Breakthrough improvement in thermal efficiency compared to conventional design
- Overall cost savings due to weight savings and thermal efficiency